STUDIO ARTS INTERN 2020
MARKETING/DESIGN REBRANDING INTERN
Art House, Inc. -- Marketing/Design Rebranding Intern
Please see instructions on how to apply at the bottom of this page.
The Intern Project will be integral to the re-branding process that Art House will be undergoing we mount the Campus Expansion Capital Campaign. This past November Art House accomplished a huge step towards realizing its vision as an even greater resource and destination hub. Two very dilapidated houses were demolished, leaving an empty canvas for creating a plaza that will function as an outdoor classroom, exhibition, and performance space, as well as a welcoming spot in a busy urban neighborhood. The sign that identified Art House’s location was worn out and was removed during the demolition. The intern will be work with staff to design a sculptural sign that reflects the organization’s mission and forward-looking vision. S/he will also assist in finalizing the look and structure of a summer fundraiser and help with some of the marketing aspects that relate to her/his research and main project. The event will celebrate the greenspace (currently a field of golden straw- sure to be grass by the summer) and reveal the Sign Design concepts. Additionally, it will raise awareness for the Design Project and Campus Expansion as a whole, which includes a new addition to the studio facility. During the event, participants will be able to vote for their favorite design.
The intern will gain the experience of being an important member of a community centered arts organization. S/he will be immersed in Art House’s history and mission and gain practical knowledge on operations and mission fulfilment. S/he will have the opportunity to interact and build relationships with Art House stakeholders and community members. The intern will also gain valuable experience with branding design and review processes and will have accomplished a significant art and event project that has an exciting impact on Art House visibility and future.
Skills: The Intern must be dependable, flexible and have an independent work ethic. S/he should be familiar with art and design history and current trends. The intern should be comfortable with creative writing that catches audience attention. H/she should have strong organizational, written and interpersonal skills and must absolutely have a positive attitude and eagerness to learn. Also helpful is the possibility to work remotely (including access to a computer) and a reliable source of transportation, but we are easily accessible by public transportation. Intern will need skills in: Illustration and Graphic Design; Good communications, and writing skills; Good organizational skills- with projects and people; At ease with various creative software ; Familiarity with Social Media and Marketing; Fundraising experience is a plus.
This position pays $15/hr, 28 hours a week for 9 weeks. In addition, you will receive a $500 stipend for completing the Arts Intern component of the program. Visit the Program Details page for more information.
BEFORE APPLYING, VERIFY YOU:
1) Will be enrolled as a full time undergraduate student as of the Fall 2020 semester. You must be a rising Junior or Senior.
2) Attend college in Cleveland, or live within Cleveland or the boundary established by the Inner Ring Suburbs.
3) Have an Expected Family Contribution of less than $5000. This number is on your FAFSA form, to see what it looks like -- click here.
1) To apply to a position, please click here and fill out the eligibility application form.
2) Once your eligibility application is reviewed and approved, Studio Institute will send you an email confirming your eligibility for the program. Note: once you're verified as eligible for Arts Intern, you can apply to as many positions as you'd like. You do not have to submit the eligibility application more than once.
3) You will forward this confirmation email, along with your CV, cover letter, and transcript to the email below these instructions with the subject "Arts Intern 2020 Approved Application".
Once you've received confirmation of eligibility, email your application to Laila Voss at email@example.com.