Ceramics Open Studio
SPECIAL INTRODUCTORY RATE for JUNE! $99
Art House’s Ceramic Open Studio provides access to a facility, equipment and materials for artists to work independently on ceramic projects. For the monthly fee of $140, studio members may work in the AH studio on Thursdays and Saturdays. Locker space (but not a lock), firings and glazes are included. Clay is purchased separately from Art House for $15/25 lb bag.
Open Studio Hours
Thursdays, 6-10 pm
Please note that every third Saturday of the month Ceramic Open Studio will be closed due to Family Open Studio.
All members must have taken one of the following:
- A ceramic class at Art House within a year of becoming a studio member
- A two hour instructional class with an Art House staff member. *Read the payment section for more details.
- Payment MUST be made prior to studio work time with no exceptions.
- $25 one time, annual registration fee required for all Open Studio participants.
- $140 a month for full studio use during all studio days and times for the month.
- $25 a single session
- $20 a single session for college students and Cleveland West Art League members. (current college ID or proof of membership required for discount).
- *For first time Open Studio members or for those interested in private lessons, Art House offers two hour private instructional time for a flat rate of $58 per lesson. This includes instruction on how to use Art House equipment and materials.
Studio artist responsibilities include:
- Purchasing clay through Art House. Outside clay and clay projects are not permitted in the studio unless given prior consent by Art House Management.
- cleaning up and leaving the AH studio as you found it
- maintaining a clean working environment
- Adhering to all Ceramic Studio Policies
- being a considerate community member
- recycling clay in the AH system or individually
- using the AH pre-sink-clean-up system prior to using the sink
- informing AH staff about any equipment or general studio maintenance problems
- signing up for or renewing a locker space each month
Studio Artists that do not adhere to studio rules may be asked to leave at any time.
Art House is responsible for:
- providing glazes
- providing a locker
- providing working throwing wheels
- providing a safe studio environment
- firing 1 bisque kiln and 1 glaze kiln every 6-8 weeks (subject to change)
Art House is not responsible for:
- lost or stolen personal items, clay, ceramic pieces, tools
- broken, cracked, or misplaced ceramic work
- providing free instruction during studio hours
- firing work created outside of studio hours
Occasionally, the Art House studio may be needed for other purposes during Ceramic Open Studio times. Art House reserves the right to cancel open studio sessions at any time. It is the responsibility of the studio member to update Art House staff of any changes to contact information so we can properly contact you in case of a cancellation.
Art House reserves the right to make changes to the Ceramic Open Studio program at any time for any reason.