New 2016 classes! Our classes and workshops are great for all levels and even more fun with a friend!
Adult Clay on the Wheel
Instructor: Chris Dodson
6:30-8:30pm on Tuesdays
Session I: January 26, February 2, 9, 16, 23, March 1
Session II: March 8, 15, 22, 29, April 5, 12
Class Fee: $160.00 (5 student min, 10 student max. Includes clay, glazes, and firings.)
Details: No experience required! Learn to use the potter’s wheel and the fundamental techniques essential to create functional forms. In this six session course, our experienced artist will introduce you to the wheel and the basic techniques essential to create everyday forms like cups, bowls and vases. Participants will learn the process of forming, trimming, glazing, and firing their work. All glazes are oven and dishwasher safe.
Fused Glass Jewelry Workshop
Instructor: Cat Zurchin
Thursday, February 18 from 6:30-8:30pm
Class Fee: $35.00 plus $10.00 paid to instructor on February 18 for supplies
Details: Create a pendant, ring, or earrings during this workshop with Cat Zurchin of Prosperity Glass. She will show you the ropes of fused glass jewelry and you will enjoy choosing colors and creating jewelry. All pieces will be fired in a kiln and can be picked up at a later date once they’ve cooled down.
Ceramic Mugs Instructor: Chris Dodson
Mondays, February 15, 22, 29, March 7 from 6:30-8:30
Class fee: $80.00- sign up with a friend and save! $150.00 for two (class minimum: 5 students)
Registration Deadline: Friday, February 12 Details: Students will make mugs using the potter’s wheel. Each mug will be finished and kiln-fired at Art House. This class is available for all experience levels but those with some pottery wheel background will find it a bit easier. Experiment with painting on glazes, surface design, and interesting handle shapes.
Ceramic Pendants and Beads
Instructor: Mark Yasenchack Wednesdays, February 17, 24 March 2, 9 from 6:30-8:00pm
Class fee: $75.00- sign up with a friend and save! $140.00 for two! Details: Use clay to create pendants and beads that translate into interesting necklaces, earrings, and more. Artist Mark Yasenchack will show you how to incorporate texture and assemble your creations into jewelry. All Clay, Glazes, firings, and use of tools are included in the class price. Some jewelry findings will also be provided.
Instructor: Mark Yasenchack
Tuesdays, March 1, 8, 15 6:30-8:30pm
Class fee: $75.00 (class minimum: 5 students)
Registration Deadline: Friday, February 26 Details: Working with stoneware clay we will design and make vases, pots, and other ceramic containers. These will be ideal for decorative plants, porch gardens, and gifts. All work will be kiln-fired at AH and will be ready for pick up after the class ends
To register by phone please call 216.398.8556
Please note that credit cards processed over the phone will incur a $2 processing fee
To hold your spot in a class, a form of payment is required at the time of enrollment. Please read registration terms and conditions below:
ART HOUSE CLASS REGISTRATION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE CALLING TO REGISTER FOR A CLASS OR REGISTERING ONLINE.
ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLY FOR CREDIT CARD REGISTRATION OVER THE PHONE. PLEASE CONTACT ART HOUSE WITH ANY QUESTIONS.
• All students must register for classes and programs directly with Art House. Full payment must be received at time of registration.
• After the 1st meeting for the class/program full fees are non-refundable except for illness. Refunds due to illness require a letter from a medical provider.
• Art House has the right to cancel classes/programs due to lack of enrollment. Art House will reimburse those students who have paid for classes.
• Art House staff will contact students directly to notify of class cancellation and/or changes due to lack of enrollment.
• 80% of tuition is refundable from time of registration until the 1st meeting of class unless class in cancelled due to lack of enrollment.
• Makeup classes/programs will only be scheduled if a teacher cancels or due to inclement weather.
• In the event of bad weather please contact Art House for information on cancellations. Art House will reschedule any cancelled classes/programs due to bad weather in cooperation with the instructor.
• Students will not be offered make up classes if the student cannot attend.
• You will not be contacted for confirmation prior to class start date.
• Wheelchair accessible entrance and restrooms.
• Parent/Adult Student agrees to permit Art House to use photographs and/or video for public relations and media use related to Art House only.