New for Fall! Our classes and workshops are great for all levels and even more fun with a friend!
NEW Enamel Ohio Pendant Workshop
Instructor: Kate Ward Terry
Dates: Saturday, August 22
Class fee: $45.00 (class minimum: 5 students)
Details: Beginners welcome! Use colorful enamels to create an embellished copper pendant in the shape of Ohio. While your jewelry is in the kiln, try different color combinations on other copper pieces that you can take home to wear. You can purchase additional “blanks” in different shapes to work with directly from the instructor ($2-$3 per piece). Each piece includes a jump ring but chains are not included.
A few spots remain so register today!
Drawing with Colored Pencils
Instructor: Kathleen Santabarbara Times: 6:30-8:30pm
Dates: Thursdays, July 30, August 6, 13, 20
Class fee: $60.00 (class minimum: 5 students)
Registration Deadline: Tuesday, July 28
Details: Great for all experience levels. Students will learn the building blocks of creating beautiful drawings on paper using colored pencils. Instructor Kathleen Santabarbara will show you how to vary your pencil strokes and use layering, burnishing, and blending techniques.
Adult Clay on the Wheel
Instructor: Chris Dodson
6:30-8:30pm on Tuesdays Session I: September 8, 15, 22, 29 October 6, 13 Session II: October 20, 27, November 3, 10, 17, 24
Class Fee: $160.00 per session (5 student min, 10 student max. Includes clay, glazes, and firings.)
Registration Deadline: Thursdays, Sptember 3 and October 15
Details: No experience required! Learn to use the potter’s wheel and the fundamental techniques essential to create functional forms. In this six session course, our experienced artist will introduce you to the wheel and the basic techniques essential to create everyday forms like cups, bowls and vases. Participants will learn the process of forming, trimming, glazing, and firing their work. All glazes are oven and dishwasher safe.
Instructor: Erin Kray
6:30-8:30pm on Thursday, October 5
Class Fee: $45.00 per person
Registration Deadline: Wednesday, September 30
Details: The art of mandalas will both calm and rejuvenate you as you create a balanced piece of art. Art Therapist Erin Kray, MA, AT, LPCC will guide you through the process, but you will have plenty of autonomy to make choices throughout this drawing and painting workshop.
Fused Glass Jewelry Workshop
Instructor: Cat Zurchin
Thursday, October 15 from 6:30-8:30pm
Class Fee: $35.00 plus $10.00 paid to instructor on October 15 for supplies
Registration Deadline: Monday, October 12
Details: Create a pendant, ring, or earrings during this workshop with Cat Zurchin of Prosperity Glass. She will show you the ropes of fused glass jewelry and you will enjoy choosing colors and creating jewelry. All pieces will be fired in a kiln and can be picked up at a later date once they’ve cooled down.
Open Studio: Mixed Media
Wednesdays, October 21 and November 18 from 7:00-9:00pm
Class Fee: $12.00 per person or 2 for $20.00
Registration Deadline: Fridays, October 16 and November 13
Details: Join us for relaxation and creation in a fun environment! All the art supplies you could want will be at your fingertips, while a teaching artist will be on hand to demonstrate techniques, suggest projects, and assist you in the studio. Bring your own drinks and snacks and invite your friends! Please note this class will not include clay.
Pottery Wheel Experience
Instructor: Chris Dodson
Wednesdays, September 30, October 7, 14
Class Fee: $95.00 (Includes all materials)
Registration Deadline: Monday, September 28
Details: Learn to throw on a pottery wheel! This workshop encourages beginners to get their hands dirty and learn the fundamentals to making bowls on the pottery wheel. During the last class you will paint on glazes. You will be guided through the process by an experienced instructor!
Silk Painting Workshop
Instructor: Peggy Wertheim
Saturday, November 14 from 9:30am-12:30pm
Class Fee: $75.00 plus $20.00 materials fee paid to instructor on November 14 Class minimum: 8 students
Registration Deadline: Friday, November
Details: Discover, enjoy and create fine radiant art on silk using the Gutta Serti Technique. No experience Necessary. Everyone is successful! This is an incredible art form where no mistakes can be made. Students will delve into and learn resist application, color blending & embellishment techniques to create A Silk Scarf. A myriad of design ideas and reference books provided.
To register by phone please call 216.398.8556
Please note that credit cards processed over the phone will incur a $2 processing fee
To hold your spot in a class, a form of payment is required at the time of enrollment. Please read registration terms and conditions below:
ART HOUSE CLASS REGISTRATION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE CALLING TO REGISTER FOR A CLASS OR REGISTERING ONLINE.
ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLY FOR CREDIT CARD REGISTRATION OVER THE PHONE. PLEASE CONTACT ART HOUSE WITH ANY QUESTIONS.
• All students must register for classes and programs directly with Art House. Full payment must be received at time of registration.
• After the 1st meeting for the class/program full fees are non-refundable except for illness. Refunds due to illness require a letter from a medical provider.
• Art House has the right to cancel classes/programs due to lack of enrollment. Art House will reimburse those students who have paid for classes.
• Art House staff will contact students directly to notify of class cancellation and/or changes due to lack of enrollment.
• 80% of tuition is refundable from time of registration until the 1st meeting of class unless class in cancelled due to lack of enrollment.
• Makeup classes/programs will only be scheduled if a teacher cancels or due to inclement weather.
• In the event of bad weather please contact Art House for information on cancellations. Art House will reschedule any cancelled classes/programs due to bad weather in cooperation with the instructor.
• Students will not be offered make up classes if the student cannot attend.
• You will not be contacted for confirmation prior to class start date.
• Wheelchair accessible entrance and restrooms.
• Parent/Adult Student agrees to permit Art House to use photographs and/or video for public relations and media use related to Art House only.