NEW First Fridays DIY Workshops- Hanging Herb Gardens
Instructor: Jessica Kayse
Session II: Fridays: May 1 Time: 7:00-9:00pm
Class Fee: $35.00 each month (5 student min)
Registration Deadline: The last Tuesday of the preceding Month
Details: Spring is here! Join us for DIY First Friday to welcome the sun with upcycled herb gardens! You can make hanging herb gardens for outside or sitting herb gardens to put on your window sill in your kitchen. You and your friends will have a ton of fun at this one!
NEW Art Book Workshop Instructor: Kate Ward Terry
Dates: Saturday, June 13
Class fee: $50.00 (class minimum: 5 students)
Registration Deadline: Wednesday, June 10
Details: Artist Kate Ward Terry shares her love of all things paper! Experiment with printmaking and design, then components will be combined into a wonderful handmade book that can be used for journaling, recipes, scrapbooking, or as a photo album. Ideal for artists of all experience levels!
Adult Clay on the Wheel
Instructor: Chris Dodson
Session I: 6:30-8:30pm on Tuesdays, June 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, July 7
Session II: 6:30-8:30pm on Tuesdays, July 14, 21, 28 August 4, 11, 18
Class Fee: $160.00 per session (5 student min, 10 student max. Includes clay, glazes, and firings.)
Registration Deadline: Thursdays, Thursdays May 28 and July 9
Details: No experience required! Learn to use the potter’s wheel and the fundamental techniques essential to create functional forms. In this six session course, our experienced artist will introduce you to the wheel and the basic techniques essential to create everyday forms like cups, bowls and vases. Participants will learn the process of forming, trimming, glazing, and firing their work. All glazes are oven and dishwasher safe.
NEW Enamel Ohio Pendant Workshop
Instructor: Kate Ward Terry
Dates: Saturday, July 11
Class fee: $45.00 (class minimum: 5 students)
Registration Deadline: Wednesday, July 8
Details: Beginners welcome! Use colorful enamels to create an embellished copper pendant in the shape of Ohio. While your jewelry is in the kiln, try different color combinations on other copper pieces that you can take home to wear. You can purchase additional “blanks” to work with directly from the instructor ($2-$3 per piece).
NEW Mixed-Media Self Portrait Workshop
Dates: Wednesday, July 15
Class fee: $45.00 (class minimum: 5 students)
Registration Deadline: Friday, July 10
Details: Incorporate several techniques and materials into a self portrait that is one of a kind-just like you! This is a fun experimental workshop and you’ll walk away with art that is a real conversation starter. Feel free to bring pictures as a reference, use our mirrors, or use simply your imagination!
Drawing with Colored Pencils
Instructor: Kathleen Santabarbara Times: 6:30-8:30pm
Dates: Thursdays, July 30, August 6, 13, 20
Class fee: $60.00 (class minimum: 5 students)
Registration Deadline: Tuesday, July 28
Details: Great for all experience levels. Students will learn the building blocks of creating beautiful drawings on paper using colored pencils. Instructor Kathleen Santabarbara will show you how to vary your pencil strokes and use layering, burnishing, and blending techniques.
To register by phone please call 216.398.8556
Please note that credit cards processed over the phone will incur a $2 processing fee
To hold your spot in a class, a form of payment is required at the time of enrollment. Please read registration terms and conditions below:
ART HOUSE CLASS REGISTRATION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE CALLING TO REGISTER FOR A CLASS OR REGISTERING ONLINE.
ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLY FOR CREDIT CARD REGISTRATION OVER THE PHONE. PLEASE CONTACT ART HOUSE WITH ANY QUESTIONS.
• All students must register for classes and programs directly with Art House. Full payment must be received at time of registration.
• After the 1st meeting for the class/program full fees are non-refundable except for illness. Refunds due to illness require a letter from a medical provider.
• Art House has the right to cancel classes/programs due to lack of enrollment. Art House will reimburse those students who have paid for classes.
• Art House staff will contact students directly to notify of class cancellation and/or changes due to lack of enrollment.
• 80% of tuition is refundable from time of registration until the 1st meeting of class unless class in cancelled due to lack of enrollment.
• Makeup classes/programs will only be scheduled if a teacher cancels or due to inclement weather.
• In the event of bad weather please contact Art House for information on cancellations. Art House will reschedule any cancelled classes/programs due to bad weather in cooperation with the instructor.
• Students will not be offered make up classes if the student cannot attend.
• You will not be contacted for confirmation prior to class start date.
• Wheelchair accessible entrance and restrooms.
• Parent/Adult Student agrees to permit Art House to use photographs and/or video for public relations and media use related to Art House only.