Clay on the Wheel
Instructor: Billy Ritter
June 3, 10, 17, 24, July 1 (5 weeks)
Class Fee: $130 (5 student minimum, 10 student maximum. Includes clay, glazes and firings.)
Registration Deadline: Thursday,May 30, 2013
Details: For thousands of years, transforming clay on the potters’ wheel has captivated and inspired audiences. In this five session course, artist Billy Ritter will introduce you to the wheel and the basic techniques essential to create everyday forms like cups, bowls and vases. Participants will learn the process of forming, trimming, glazing, and firing their work. No experience required! All glazes are oven and dishwasher safe.
Fused Glass Workshops
Instructor: Cat Zurchin
Wednesdays, 6:30-8:30pm June 5 (introductory class– all will attend), A. June 12– Functional Fused Glass (non jewelry) B. June 19 & 26– Fused Glass jewelry & coiled copper wire Class Fee: $75 for intro class and Session A, $90 for intro class and Session B, or $125 for both sessions. Please note: Students will purchase materials directly from instructor. Registration Deadline: Thursday, May 30, 2013
Introductory Class: You’ll be delighted as you learn the basics of fused glass! Practice scoring and breaking glass while making a 3”X5” sun catcher or two necklaces and a ring. This class will prepare you for the next two classes, Copper Wire Spirals in Clear Glass Jewelry, and a Functional Project Class, where cutting skills will improve your projects. Cat Zurchin will provide tools and glass for practice and fire your pieces. You can pick up your finished art in about a week. This is a fun and easy class even if you have no art background. Material Fee: Around $10 to cover glass and finishing.
Session A (Functional Fused Glass Project): Make a fused Art Glass coaster, night light, or sun catcher. Cat Zurchin will assist you in the creation of one of these functional pieces of art. Tools, glass and finishing will be provided. It will help if you let us know which project you wish to create before the class. Basic glass cutting skills, that you will learn in the Intro Class will enhance your experience but are not necessary. You can pick up your finished pieces in about a week. Material Fee: Around $10
Session B(Copper Wire Spirals in Clear Glass Jewelry): Make fashionable copper and glass jewelry. Try your hand at twisting wire into simple shapes and fusing it between two layers of clear glass to form building blocks for earrings, rings, pendants, necklaces or bracelets. Cat Zurchin will provide tools, glass and fire the pieces for you to assemble. The next week you will add chains, jump rings and hooks to complete your collection. Basic glass cutting skills will enhance your experience, and Cat will have some twisted wire and cut glass blanks available too. This is easier than it sounds; everyone will leave with jewelry they will be proud to wear! Material fee: $12-$20, depending on what you use, to cover wire, an 8”X10” sheet of glass, chains and findings. These items will be purchased at the classes.
Sessions A & B
Realistic Acrylic Painting
Instructor: Sophie Cayless
Tuesdays and Thursdays, 1:00-3:00pm
August 6 and 8, 13 and 15, 20 and 22
Class Fee: $100.00 (5 student minimum) Students should plan to purchase own supplies from a supply list that will be provided.
Registration Deadline: Thursday, August 1, 2013
Details: Explore colorful, versatile acrylic painting. Quick-drying acrylic paints use water as a solvent, making them very convenient. You will learn about color-mixing, brush strokes, shading and composition, as you paint a variety of subjects. This class is suitable for beginner or intermediate painters.
Potter’s Wheel Workshop
Instructor: Billy Ritter
August 14, 21, 28, September 4 (4 weeks)
Class Fee: $105 (5 student minimum, 10 student maximum. Includes clay, glazes and firings.)
Registration Deadline: Thursday, August 8
Details: In this four session workshop, students of all levels can develop their craft and skill. Using the wheel, students are encouraged to explore their creative vision while improving their technical abilities. Artist Billy Ritter will provide individualized instruction of forming and altering techniques, surface treatments, and glazing applications. All pieces will be kiln-fired onsite at Art House. All glazes are oven and dishwasher safe.
To register by phone please call 216.398.8556
Please note that credit cards processed over the phone will incur a $2 processing fee
To hold your spot in a class, a form of payment is required at the time of enrollment. Please read registration terms and conditions below:
ART HOUSE CLASS REGISTRATION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE CALLING TO REGISTER FOR A CLASS OR REGISTERING ONLINE.
ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLY FOR CREDIT CARD REGISTRATION OVER THE PHONE. PLEASE CONTACT ART HOUSE WITH ANY QUESTIONS.
• All students must register for classes and programs directly with Art House. Full payment must be received at time of registration.
• After the 1st meeting for the class/program full fees are non-refundable except for illness. Refunds due to illness require a letter from a medical provider.
• Art House has the right to cancel classes/programs due to lack of enrollment. Art House will reimburse those students who have paid for classes.
• Art House staff will contact students directly to notify of class cancellation and/or changes due to lack of enrollment.
• 80% of tuition is refundable from time of registration until the 1st meeting of class unless class in cancelled due to lack of enrollment.
• Makeup classes/programs will only be scheduled if a teacher cancels or due to inclement weather.
• In the event of bad weather please contact Art House for information on cancellations. Art House will reschedule any cancelled classes/programs due to bad weather in cooperation with the instructor.
• Students will not be offered make up classes if the student cannot attend.
• You will not be contacted for confirmation prior to class start date.
• Wheelchair accessible entrance and restrooms.
• Parent/Adult Student agrees to permit Art House to use photographs and/or video for public relations and media use related to Art House only.