Clay on the Wheel
Instructor: Billy Ritter Mondays, 6:30-9:00
Session I: January 27, February 3, 10, 17, 24, March 3
Session II: March 10, 17, 24, 31, April 7, 14
Class Fee: $160.00 per session (5 student min, 10 student max. Includes clay, glazes, and firings.)
Registration Deadline: Thursdays, January 23 and March 6
No experience required! Learn to use the potter’s wheel and the fundamental techniques essential to create functional forms.
One free Ceramics Open Studio session is included with each paid session ($25.00 value).
NEW Beginner’s Crochet Workshop
Dates: Wednesday, February 5
Class fee: $45.00 (class minimum: 5 students)
Registration Deadline: Thursday, January 30
Details: Learn to crochet a cozy scarf using soft yarns and an easy to use hook. This workshop is perfect for first time crocheters as well as those with previous experience.
NEW Needle Felting
Instructor: Cheryl Geschke
Dates: Wednesday, February 12
Class fee: $40.00 (class minimum: 5 students)
Registration Deadline: Thursday, February 6
Details: No experience required! Soft wool roving is the perfect material to build needle felted creatures. Participants will go home with a unique 3-D piece of art they’ve made.
NEW Valentine’s Day Workshop: Fun Flowers & Sweet Treats
Instructor: Nicole McGee
Thursday, February 13 from 6:30-9:00pm
Class fee: $50.00/couple ages 21+
Registration Deadline: Thursday, February 6
Details: Take traditional flowers and candy in a new direction as you make flowers “grow” from upcycled objects and whip up sweets with your sweetie (or just a friend!). Nicole McGee of Plenty Underfoot will teach you to create fun and modern flowers that won’t wilt, plus you’ll hand decorate and sample tasty treats with the local chocolate experts. Wine will be served!
NEW Pottery for your Pets
Instructor: Mark Yasenchack
Dates: Tuesday, February 25
Class fee: $35.00 (class minimum: 5 students)
Registration Deadline: Thursday, February 20
Details: Paint with safe and colorful glazes to create one of a kind food and water dishes for your pets. Each pre-formed piece will be fired in a kiln at Art House. Fun to do alone or with friends!
NEW Soap Workshop
Teaching Artist: Barbara and Steven Bloom
Medium: Soap/ scrubs
Dates: Thursday, March 6 and 13
Description: Good clean fun! Make your own custom soaps from natural ingredients with local artisans Barbara and Steven Bloom.
Using popular essential oils, infuse your soaps and mix up a matching salt scrub. Each student will make a one pound loaf of soap (about 5 bars) that will take several weeks to cure before use.
NEW Bookmaking with Paper Marbling, Papermaking, and Printmaking
Instructor: Kate Ward Terry
Dates: Wednesdays, April 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
Class fee:$95.00 (class minimum: 5 students)
Registration Deadline: Thursday, March 27
Details: Artist Kate Ward Terry shares her love of all things paper! All components will be combined in a wonderful handmade art book that can be used for journaling, recipes,
scrapbooking, or a photo album.
To register by phone please call 216.398.8556
Please note that credit cards processed over the phone will incur a $2 processing fee
To hold your spot in a class, a form of payment is required at the time of enrollment. Please read registration terms and conditions below:
ART HOUSE CLASS REGISTRATION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE CALLING TO REGISTER FOR A CLASS OR REGISTERING ONLINE.
ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLY FOR CREDIT CARD REGISTRATION OVER THE PHONE. PLEASE CONTACT ART HOUSE WITH ANY QUESTIONS.
• All students must register for classes and programs directly with Art House. Full payment must be received at time of registration.
• After the 1st meeting for the class/program full fees are non-refundable except for illness. Refunds due to illness require a letter from a medical provider.
• Art House has the right to cancel classes/programs due to lack of enrollment. Art House will reimburse those students who have paid for classes.
• Art House staff will contact students directly to notify of class cancellation and/or changes due to lack of enrollment.
• 80% of tuition is refundable from time of registration until the 1st meeting of class unless class in cancelled due to lack of enrollment.
• Makeup classes/programs will only be scheduled if a teacher cancels or due to inclement weather.
• In the event of bad weather please contact Art House for information on cancellations. Art House will reschedule any cancelled classes/programs due to bad weather in cooperation with the instructor.
• Students will not be offered make up classes if the student cannot attend.
• You will not be contacted for confirmation prior to class start date.
• Wheelchair accessible entrance and restrooms.
• Parent/Adult Student agrees to permit Art House to use photographs and/or video for public relations and media use related to Art House only.